MINIATURE-SCALE R&D TECHNOLOGY
FT110 Benchtop Rapid Extractor – Issue 1
The Armfield FT110 Benchtop Rapid Extractor is used to extract the active constituents from small (one litre) samples of materials.
- Fast, efficient solid-liquid extraction of active constituents from plants, herbs, fruits and other similar materials
- High-pressure, room-temperature extraction, excellent for sensitive materials
- Unaltered natural properties and characteristics of the active constituents, no discolouration or oxidisation
- Easy to use: microprocessor control and real-time display of sequencing and process parameters
- Automatic pressure control
- Automatic alarm indication of process anomalies
- Highly flexible extraction parameters
- Fast response. Results in hours rather than days
- Small-scale, only 1l of material is required
- Simple cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Uses ethanol, glycerol, water or similar safe solvents
- Reproducible results
The Armfield FT110 uses high pressure and a combination of both static and dynamic extraction phases to achieve a rapid extraction of the active materials with minimum degradation to the product. In the dynamic phases, the solvent is passed through the material providing a forced percolation and agitation.
The process pressure, number of cycles and length of each phase are programmable by the user. In this way the effect of the extraction parameters on the end product can be explored and an optimum set of parameters determined for each product.
The FT110 vessel is loaded with solvent and primed manually. A single pneumatic piston is used to generatethe pressure in the vessel and to provide the solvent percolation using a novel system of valves.
- Fruit flavours
- Herbs and plant extracts
- Spirit liquors
- Tinctures and infusions
- Herbal extracts and homeopathy
|Total solvent capacity:||1.2l|
|Maximum pressure:||8 bar|
|Gases:||Compressed air (or N2) 8 bar|